|Is mentoring for you?
- I have been mentoring in Sun City for ten rewarding and joyful years. I have attempted to pass on to these great kids whatever wisdom I have acquired from the trials and tribulations of life. You can do the same. They need your skills and talents. You can make a difference.
Mentoring has many benefits:
- Build their self esteem
- Encourage students to stay in school
- Improve academic skills
- Build confidence
- Build overall social skills
- Less than one hour a week
- 14 different schools to choose
- Grade school to high school
- Pick a day and time convenient to all
- Mentoring starts in late September and ends in May
- Less holidays, Easter break, Christmas break, testing, bad weather.
- Mentors inform the school of their own vacation schedule.
If interested in learning and exploring more about mentoring, let’s meet for coffee at Cafe on the Green or anywhere.
George Wagner, SS Resident, Mentor, Tutor, PIE Board Member 512-864-0641 – email@example.com