Fabric and Fiber
Please visit our website for more information
The Fabric and Fiber Club is one of the oldest clubs in Sun City. Originally founded as a group that loved to “Sit ‘n Stitch”, it has now expanded to the current 11 Special Interest Groups (SIGs). One of the main purposes of the group is to provide a meeting place where members can enhance their skills and stimulate creativity. Joining the Fabric & Fiber Club allows a member access to all of its SIGs. SIGs have classes, instructions, field trips, and retreats. The club also enjoys social events while providing opportunities for Club members to give back to the community by donating handmade gifts. Members enjoy working and playing in a creative atmosphere.
The Special Interest Groups (SIGs) are:
1. APPLIQUE – Bring your project and join us as we work on both hand appliqué and machine appliqué.
2. BEADING – Work on various projects, from necklaces, earrings, bracelets and wire wrapping to Viking Knitting with wire and crocheting with beads.
3. MACHINE EMBROIDERY – Monthly retreats where members bring their own embroidery machines and all the necessary items for embroidery. Help is available to assist with hooping, stabilizers and other embroidery techniques.
4. NIGHT OWL STITCHERS – An informal group that works on their own projects while enjoying the company of others.
5. QUILTING – Weekly show and tell for inspiration, workshops for projects and learning together, workdays to work on charity quilts, and two weekend retreats.
6. RUBBER STAMPING & CREATIVE PAPER ARTS – Project instructions and time to work on your own projects.
7. RUG HOOKING – Come and learn the art of rug hooking or come and share your expertise.
8. SCRAPBOOKING – All level of scrapbookers are welcome. Various classes are enjoyed throughout the year.
9. SEWING/EMBELLISHMENT – Offers a variety of activities from demonstrations of techniques to working on your own projects.
10. SIT AND STITCH – Informal group interested in any form of hand stitchery, knitting, crocheting, and even hand mending.
11. SPINNING AND WEAVING – Our SIG has six floor or table looms plus several specialized looms. There are drop spindles for spinning and members bring in their own spinning wheels once a month. We learn from each other and teach spinning, weaving and sometimes fiber dyeing to newcomers.
Membership entitles you to participate in one or more of the SIGs.
For further information regarding any of the SIGs and a calendar of events visit our website through the link above.